Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday---a day of rest????

Well, it's Saturday. I got up early this morning and went to the Farmers Market near the river. I purchased 10 pounds of black-eyed peas and a quart of blueberries. From there, I went to Riverside Feed & Seed for more purple hull pea seeds and some brush poison.

Then returned home to cook oatmeal for breakfast. Patty Roshto, my cousin Gary's wife, had stayed with us since Wednesday night. Today she leaves to go home.

After she left, I went grocery shopping. When I got home, Nancy was asleep in bed, so I put up the groceries and started shelling peas. By noon I had probably 5 pounds of peas shelled. Made tuna salad for lunch. Also I cut up a cantelope.

Back to shelling after lunch. Midafternoon found me and Nancy putting up the peas. I did the stove stuff and she iced them down and bagged them. We had 8 quarts of peas. That gives us 19 total so far this year.

Later I go up to NRC to check my classroom for tomorrow. Don Johnson had moved my class to a corner in the auditorium. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of chairs.

When I got home, Nancy had supper nearly ready. I went to the garden....picked some peas, some peppers and lots of tomatoes.

This evening was spent studying my lesson for tomorrow. Several called today. Among those were Joan Foley, Lori Shamblin, Matt, David, & Donna Wilson.

I called Rebekah Templeton to check on her after her surgery for kidney stones yesterday. She's doing fine. She is a little sore. She said she hopes to come to church tomorrow.

After a long day, we settle in for a good night of sleep. Bye all!

No comments:

Post a Comment